Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast

Thread: [Region 1][Map 07][Location 02] Snapgallows

from the bizarre to the odd, to the really good..
    The first is the spinybujjer, the word with the two g's in it close to bujjer is not allowed, they live in the water, kind of like an anemone, until i screw up the render settings and invert them, and then toss them way up in the air, then you get the spinybujjer migration, or invasion.

Then is my favorite the waekuhl tree, I think they all had a hand in it, and if I do by xfrog down the road some time, we are going to do an animation where the branches with the big berry things reach out and sway,,,xfrog will export the models for each scene and terragen will render it..

I think that is it, i have to check my email to be sure.....

But, xfrog is great, once they got a handle on scale, primitives , and materials, they loved it,,,,if we do get it I will have to learn it as well

SeerBlue
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	spinnybujjer.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	173.5 KB 
ID:	9397   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	spinnybujjermigration.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	107.7 KB 
ID:	9398   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	waekuhl tree.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	146.4 KB 
ID:	9399  
    SeerBlue is me, but more importantly the Four Happy Carpet Orcs +2 (FHCO +2) are Lizzy (BumbleMouse, 16), Race (Raith Eliathy, 11), Roy (Ol' Horsehair, 9), and Lena Marie (Lemur, 6) Kimi (Whurm,2), and Sachiko (MoMo,1)
    All creative inspiration is theirs, from characters to maps to tells, I only fill in the details.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

I've got that xfrog thingie but never did anything like that...nice.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

I tried the demo myself ages ago, couldn't make anything, of course, as I did not READ the doc's, but having to explain it to the kids as we went along the first couple hours really worked. Best bit I learned was you have to select a primitive when adding things, otherwise nothing shows up, primitive type "none" is the default,,,,,,,I did not know that, way back when, so I gave up ......
    SeerBlue
    SeerBlue is me, but more importantly the Four Happy Carpet Orcs +2 (FHCO +2) are Lizzy (BumbleMouse, 16), Race (Raith Eliathy, 11), Roy (Ol' Horsehair, 9), and Lena Marie (Lemur, 6) Kimi (Whurm,2), and Sachiko (MoMo,1)
    All creative inspiration is theirs, from characters to maps to tells, I only fill in the details.

Well, the FHCO were over again, and it was decided that as the weather is awful, too awful to go out, that we would make a start on their website in MS Expression.
    So a few hours later we have the basic page structure and layout done, several ideas for how and what to post to it, and we are (finally) rolling again.
    Thanks in part to their new computer, my new laptop, and the awful weather.
    Eight pages of Snapgallows, coveriing imagery, maps, stories, and links to what we used for software,,,and more.
    Here is a sneak preview of the home page, subject to minor changes, like font color, the orange was a compromise between pinks and reds...
    SeerBlue and the FHCO
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	snapgallowssite.png 
Views:	62 
Size:	557.7 KB 
ID:	9685  

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Very cool SeerBlue - Good to see you and the FHCO back at it again.

You might think about changing the color of the title text in the graphic at the top, it was barely legible at all (at least for me).
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Yup, that will get changed tonite, thanks for the second, or 6th, set of eyes, once we decided on a title i don't think we ever went back to select a better color, besides pink or red....SeerBlue

Well, we finished the kids website, though it is only served from their local network to their computers, them being kids and all. They are quite happy, though I am not sure if they know the link doesn't really take them to the web...
    I am sure I will find out if they try to give the addie to their friends,,,,,
    SeerBlue

Blog Entries

That's good to hear. Glad they are still interested in the fantasy stuff. Why don't you nab a bit of medem / inscarto space to host them. They'll will get a domain name soon....

hmm being the dead of Winter here in the Dakotas, I may just be able to entice the liddle orcs to once again stroll thru Snapgallows SeerBlue

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast