Thread: [Region 1][Map 07][Location 02] Snapgallows

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

the FHCO and I are still chugging away at Snapgallows, right now they have a real good understanding of Sketchup, as far as making simple roofed and textured buildings for a map point of view, not all buildings have chimneys yet, some may not get them at all, poor chilly louts, and for the first map we are leaving out doors and windows due to laptop memory limits. Their laptop can handle it, but mine is olllld and slow, so moving the file back and forth for two to work on, (one building, one texturing) would be a problem. But, as we can export single buildings as skp files, and keep its position for reimport, "Rasce" as he is now known, is going to work that on his own via ruby scripts. As well as a bit of furniture, rough and Gallowish, here and there.
    Redrobes has offered to supply FOHC with the terrain, which will go into sketchup as well, and perhaps terragen for an orthographic textured render. Roy wants to add a border around the map that imitates a birds eye view of different parts of the city, mimicking a view he found at rumsey maps (my favorite resource) as at 6 he is having trouble visualizing the top down view (ain't neber been in on a Wybern, he says, so totally in character, which by the way is named Royt Hayer, better known as HorseHair). So I have some homework to do.
    Most likely mapping will take longer than adding bits of story to the Wiki, as kids have 100 ideas a minute and it is my job to sort them out with them, but it is their job to make a map. Which we will refine near the end.
    BumbleMouse is our resident menu explorer and link/info finder, she is working from a list of words taken from the Thrubmorton Fen Wiki, and other places like the Journey Museum, to get information and reference pics, she is also the one who discovered Sketchups styles menu early on, leading to this very early in development render, which will perhaps be the basis for HorseHair's birds eye view Border.
    Lemur, at 3, has contributed to buildings and sketchup, and being a master of "watch and learn" proved that the ruby script for roofs can be used on towers and circular buildings, after I had said it could not. The two squat circular buildings in the render, with the pointed roofs are part of her work, as are the bright yellow buildings in the background. The squat buildings have become the undoing of one Alfert Kier, as will soon be told on the Wiki, as they are vattish, they fit perfect. As for her yellow buildings all I know so far is "cheese" meaning I think this is the ageing house for the Quarrier Goats Cheese, or it is yelllow and made of cheese as is the moon, thank you, Wallace and Gromit .

"I looked for a man riding a horse, which is rare in West Fentor, a man who resembled a horse, which is common in West Fentor, even for a man who smelled like a horse, assuredly even more common, though I am befuddled as to why, as there are naught for Horses here."

From "The Weather outside is Frightful, BAAAAAA" A rainy day Snapgallow story by the FHCO , headed to a wiki soon

SeerBlue
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	birdseyegallows.png 
Views:	192 
Size:	291.3 KB 
ID:	4193