Thread: [Region 1][Map 07][Location 02] Snapgallows

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

hahahaha, I'll take a summer house in Karstview, with a Dalmatian in the yard.

Hopefully the final product of all this will be a game board (or two) for them to play on, with all the maps, a PDF/ODF with all the info, illustrations, and stories,(links too, of course,), their new tokens (which I never even thought of until this months competition), a couple of archived discs,,, and lots of good memories for the FHCOs.

I haven't even posted a smidgen of the stories, they need clean up and continuity checks,,,names changed mysteriously overtime, and the FHCOs let me know. Pushing about 40 typed pages and ooddles of scribbled pages in my notebook. New characters appear all the time and then need to be given a tell or two.

And I have also learned loads that will translate over to ME-DEM, which is a definite bonus.

SeerBlue

Weeeel, I'm thinking less of you and more about the kids. Is there something that we can do to thrill their little hearts?

Do say, and we'll see what we can do.

Dang, well off the top of my head, since they do most of there preliminary ideas for buildings, maps, and villages and such in crayon and watercolor pencils, before going into sketchup, PS/Gimp, and now Dungeon forge, perhaps a little "Future Cartographer" icon of a crayon on a map scroll.
    They have their own login, but can't post, so I guess if that is the type of something you have in mind, it could go on my posts, and I will put an automatic blurb at the bottom of all my posts that says it is their award,,,(I think I can figure out how that portion works)
    That will certainly tickle them.
    SeerBlue

I have a four year old and a two year old. I often get name ideas from the Tadpoles, but maybe I need to get them more intimately involved in the process. I know some of Artoo's nightmares have provided grist for the Monster Mill. Tickle Bats(shudder)...

Quote Originally Posted by SeerBlue View Post
    Dang, well off the top of my head, since they do most of there preliminary ideas for buildings, maps, and villages and such in crayon and watercolor pencils, before going into sketchup, PS/Gimp, and now Dungeon forge, perhaps a little "Future Cartographer" icon of a crayon on a map scroll.
    They have their own login, but can't post, so I guess if that is the type of something you have in mind, it could go on my posts, and I will put an automatic blurb at the bottom of all my posts that says it is their award,,,(I think I can figure out how that portion works)
    That will certainly tickle them.
    SeerBlue
    Do you have a group photo of them? We could make a special certificate and put it up on the news section (other CL's willing - I'm sure they won't object)

Yup, though the ones I have on my HD are a bit old, Lemur has grown a bit, I'll get one from them working in their garden last week, they are quite proud of their work on it, so no mugging for the camera.
    SeerBlue
    SeerBlue is me, but more importantly the Four Happy Carpet Orcs +2 (FHCO +2) are Lizzy (BumbleMouse, 16), Race (Raith Eliathy, 11), Roy (Ol' Horsehair, 9), and Lena Marie (Lemur, 6) Kimi (Whurm,2), and Sachiko (MoMo,1)
    All creative inspiration is theirs, from characters to maps to tells, I only fill in the details.

Just realized I was in the wrong thread when I posted this

Got my Snapgallows and my Hebbies Ale House confused.

Basically it gives me a bit to work from for Ol' Horsehairs history, now he is a former member of Bedell's Company of Rangers, of the Roebuck Rangers.

Bedell's is actually a Revolutionary War Ranging Company which mustered out of Haverhill NH with soldiers from the surrounding towns, like Bath NH, where my ancestors are from. Here's a page with some pic's of the monument
    The Stephen Smith listed on the Revolutionary War plaque be my mothers ancestor, he got paid a penny a mile to protect the borders of the wilderness during the war, sometimes walking as far as into Canada.and spent a good bit of time at a "mean little" fort on Gardiner Mt (the site of which I would love to find)..He later, after the war in mid 1794, went out to work in his fields and was never seen again, leaving his large family to be spread out among the locals, he either drowned crossing the river or was killed by indians. The Greenleaf listed is related also, on the otherside of my tree, and ends up being my Mormon connection,,,,,,hmmm, might have to drop some polyandry (one woman having multiple husbands) into Snapgallows Seven Familes for some confusion.
    If you are really bored, and like genealogy, here is a bit of mine, I haven't updated the pages in awhile, can't get the online editor to run on my laptop consistently, and Snapgallows and the FHCO's rule at the moment. Rest assured I am clinging to a branch there somewhere.
    This other one is kind of like my online vault for stuff I learn/write related to things that interest me,,,a mishmash of unsorted tidbits.

SeerBlue and the now awake FHCO's
    SeerBlue is me, but more importantly the Four Happy Carpet Orcs +2 (FHCO +2) are Lizzy (BumbleMouse, 16), Race (Raith Eliathy, 11), Roy (Ol' Horsehair, 9), and Lena Marie (Lemur, 6) Kimi (Whurm,2), and Sachiko (MoMo,1)
    All creative inspiration is theirs, from characters to maps to tells, I only fill in the details.