Well, we of the FHCO Inc, thank you, the kids are quite happy an adult who is not related likes their/our effort. A lot of the little things, from wet boots to Cask Belly Hammers, started out as things they said. Ask them what they would need to survive in Snapgallows and let them do some internet searches on medeival england (of all places) and we run from there.
Today we spent at the Journey Museum here in RC SD, which covers Black hills history from dinosaurs, thru Native American history and cowboys, to geology.
So they are full of little germs of ideas for things to add. One of their favorite things is a full length Horse hair coat a local cowhand wore in the 1800's, so we talked about that for awhile and finally came up with a reason one would wear one, which will find its way into Snapgallows, "Well, the old bolt carried me for 20 years on her back with never a wicker, so I thought it only fair to return the favor"....
Gotta love kids

Hopefully we are putting in enough little things to be hooks, reasons for further expansion, I find now that I have to keep a notepad or their PDA around to keep up. I sent them off yesterday with some very old copies of a D and D related magazine and they are really looking at the maps and stories hard, the oldest boy reads to the younger, which is good in itself. SeerBlue