Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: The Green Havens - Fantasy commission

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

Yea colors will do a lot at the end. And well it's tales but not necessarly for childs But maybe I'll try with more size to see how it looks. Thanks for the comment Markus

Some others thoughts on the forests anyone?

Its hard to evaluate the forests without seeing how they look within the context of the entire map. But....while I like the concept of the first 2 pics you posted (i.e. strong tree outline) I don't think its quite there yet...but i'm also not sure how it could be improved. Maybe once they are colored in, it will all come together. The third picture is the most traditional and out of the 3 its probably the safest bet, but it strikes me as probably being too thick (especially once you zoom out)

So, my vote would be to see you continue working in the direction of the first 2....

BTW....this map is awesome
    Last edited by anomiecoalition; 01-23-2013 at 04:07 PM. Reason: forgot to mention how awesome the map is
    *Most of my Maps can be seen in full resolution on my blog*

*I've made some of my maps into full adventures available for download at DriveThruRPG.com or Paizo.com

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License unless stated otherwise in the thread.

ok thanks for the comment, I guess I'll have first to make a color test on the strong tree outline ones to see how it goes....

So, after a quick coloring test on forests, could be more or less looks like that. Your thoughts?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	color test2.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	381.9 KB 
ID:	51533

I vote yes...
    *Most of my Maps can be seen in full resolution on my blog*

*I've made some of my maps into full adventures available for download at DriveThruRPG.com or Paizo.com

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License unless stated otherwise in the thread.

yea I think I'm gonna go forward on this way.

Just getting back around to the forum after a LONG hiatus. Found this thread. I really like the forest style you settled on. It has a nice balance of form and function going on. Forests are notoriously tricky. Too dark, too busy, to clunky, too big, too small... lots of eyeballing and personal style has to go into it.

What's next??? Show us more.

Thanks much Kewlpack and welcome back Next is a lot to do : first finishing drawings all forests, moutains and several terrains, then rivers and lakes, then towns/icons and special locations (though I'll maybe add them along the terrains depending on where they are located), then coloring the whole thing (which is gonna be a long work ), adding labels and a few elements to add on border and so....Long is the road....
    But sure I'll show more on next updates, it's a WIP thread

Nice work, I like the mountains.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast