Quote Originally Posted by mearrin69 View Post
That certainly is lovely water. How did you accomplish it?
M
Hi Mearrin69,

Thanks, I wish I could take credit for the water. Found it on Morguefile(also snagged some seaweed from there, and bits of coral). They had a small photo which I then copied, flipped, pasted, repeated, then cloned out all the seams. Took forever to figure out from there, everytime I changed the opacity so I could see the town below, I lost all color and pattern of the sea. I ended up using 3 layers of the same sea mixed throughout the layer stack, and even then had to change opacity of the other layers like the city and walls. But overall I fell in love with the map, more so the city below, then the original tower now, lol (Quite the change from the beginning). I love zooming in and scanning through the city(I may venture into it in more detail later on, build the entire city map as a whole versus an afterthought, then sink it)

All other textures came from CGtextures.

The small buildings in the city below are from Vintyri Project, the larger one is from is from our very own Bogie here.

EDITED: There is a tutorial for GIMP on how to make water using the filters with cloud settings, looked interesting, but just never got around to it yet.

-Kier