Thread: Map construction in photoshop

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Community Leader Guild Sponsor Korash's Avatar

That sounds like it is a LOT of work you have in front of you, Vigilus. My suggestion (from a NON P-shopper) would be to place two marks (one in each corner across where two of your sheets meet) in a color that is NOT used in the map, and then scan them into PS. Once there you can use those marks to ensure that they are properly aligned. Once that is done I believe PS will allow you to select JUST that color and remove it. I believe that that should do it.

Maybe a 'shopper will be more specific, but in the meantime I believe that that should do it.
    Art Critic = Someone with the Eye of an Artist, Words of a Bard, and the Talent of a Rock.

Please take my critiques as someone who Wishes he had the Talent

Quote Originally Posted by Korash View Post
    That sounds like it is a LOT of work you have in front of you, Vigilus. My suggestion (from a NON P-shopper) would be to place two marks (one in each corner across where two of your sheets meet) in a color that is NOT used in the map, and then scan them into PS. Once there you can use those marks to ensure that they are properly aligned. Once that is done I believe PS will allow you to select JUST that color and remove it. I believe that that should do it.

Maybe a 'shopper will be more specific, but in the meantime I believe that that should do it.
    Yes indeed, it is a lot of work. I already use marks to properly align the pieces. I spend about 4-6 hours a day at work designing these maps (that is why I work that job, to allow me a creative time).

Also, I already have an overview map. It is very "zoomed out", I want the base world map to be highly detailed, so I'm designing the world at a detailed level so that I can have A) a top notch professional map and B) a detailed start in which to design a 3 dimensional world. There are many sound reasons why I am using this process, and it is yielding truly exceptional work.

Thank you for your replies.

I haven't had my question answered because I'm asking about what do I do in photoshop (cs6) to combine all these scanned maps together in a pattern that I have stated in my original post?
    Last edited by Vigilus; 01-27-2013 at 09:48 PM.