Thread: June Entry: Fenridge Castle

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

My GTS program which generates the erosion and modifies the 3D terrain doesn't know about rock types like limestone and karst geology. And also you can have some pools of water in karst areas - they are just more uncommon than in other types. Also this is fantasy and maybe a priest can create a lot of pure water.

You can have a spring anywhere where the water table runs out of the rock and into the open. This is usually because of a fissure in the rock which gets eroded into caves but thats just age dependent. So lets not get too hung up on the exacting nature of where the water comes from. Assume that there is a pool around and that its being fed from an underground spring. Maybe the keep is on the highest point and that a smaller fortified area is below that has better access to water.

In LOTR film again where they had the Golden Hall of Rohan you can get many images like this:
    http://picasaweb.google.com/ward.mat...93401907268978
    which show exactly what I am thinking.

I have also got this pic on file but I have no idea where it came from but shows a pond at high altitude. Doubtful that its limestone but we dont have to be that neat huh ?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Temp.png 
Views:	39 
Size:	80.8 KB 
ID:	4202