Quote Originally Posted by Troedel View Post
Basicly you import a map as jpg. It is hidden in player view and you can reveal custom shapes to them. You can place pins on the map that can be linked to your content. Map zooming and panning is possible so even large maps with lots of details can be managed. I designed a region of my setting by taking a map, marked the points of interesst and fleshed out content, linked it together and went into further detail as I went along. It was fun doing it that way. Think of the Paizo Kingmaker map ( not the map, I don´t like that one ) but the marked plot hooks and landmarks.
That sounds exactly like my app... and since mine hasn't been a roaring success what makes this one different and worth kick starting ? Oh well, best of luck with it anyway !

Also, I do hope that this -> "With our patent-pending Fog of World™ technology..." is a tongue in cheek phrase or at least something different to the fog of war of what must be in 30 years worth of games by now not to mention all the VTT apps out there. I would not be impressed with a kickstarter to raise $100K just to spend it on lawyers to screw over the RPG community.