Well, Larb, here are a couple more fuzzy beds...

Quote Originally Posted by Vellum View Post
I've got a question here. Is this a second floor plan / ground floor plan? If this is a second floor plan, architecturally there is alot of wasted space in the "commons seating area". I think beds to earn income would be at a premium. As a suggestion you could move the horizontal wall upwards to give you the shared room condition in the lower to single bedrooms. Also you are climbing over the beds to get into them as the walls are so tight, you could use a tad more more, at least on one side to get into the bed. You could also have beds in the commons area, for overspill guests, like Orcs or loud snorezy folks. Still all in all this is looking pretty good, have a little rep!
Both are fair remarks.
I did shrink the beds somewhat.

On the other hand, while it does make sense, a real inn would mostly be narrow corridors and smallish bedrooms, to maximize the number of rooms to rent. But, if I want to use this as a battlemap, such configuration means that only one or two characters can fight. This lead to a bottled up and a bit boring fight. More open ground means that the combatants can try to flank the fighters, or by pass them and run toward the squishies, this kind of things... Makes for a more interesting fight, which is my priority even before realism.

Still, the center of the big room does look kinda empty; I am thinking of putting something there, maybe an open fireplace that people could leap across...

Anyway, here are a slightly modified version. I am still not totally sure what to do with the lightning, most likely, I will darken the inside a bit and put some illumination...
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Warm Beds.png 
Views:	255 
Size:	1.25 MB 
ID:	51719