Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RL Map!

Congrats Torstan! It's really nice to see Cartography skills being used for a practical purpose!!

Shame I got married before I joined the guild - I would have liked to have drawn a map too!

Mount Savage, MD, USA, North America, America, Earth, Sol, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group.

Actually the Cake thing was a portal joke, THE CAKE IS A LIE!!!!
    "The Enemy's Gate Is Down" - Ender Wiggen, Ender's Game, Orson Scott Card

Software Used- ME v16, My Hands 1.0, My Brain

All Maps are either Copyright J.L.Odom and Bardic Fire Studios or under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States License (Note it applies to all countries even though it's United States)

Congrats Torstan! The map is very well done.

Quote Originally Posted by torstan View Post
    Thanks all for the congrats and the comments. Yes there will be cake, and of course the invitations are in the electronic post (cough).

Thanks for the catch on the road going through the text. The font does have pretty strange kerning, but I rather like it. I;ve fiddled with it in a few places but in this instance I'll let it slide.

Here's an updated draft:

Attachment 4208

Seerblue - yes riding a bike in Oxford is a bit of a death trap. It's the buses you need to watch for, they're on a mission.
    A deep congratulations Torstan! This second map just feels very Torstanesque to me so I think it is a keeper.
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

A REALLY big congrats on entering the Besieged Fortress of Marriage!
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

You do know that you didn't have to get married to make an invitation map?

I mean there's dedication but ....

Sigurd

The best of luck and blessings to you and your lady.

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

Caught

I have to say that it was fun to draw a more modern map for something I really cared about. Also good fun to have to sketch the two locations. I'm very happy with how it turned out.

Thanks all for the good wishes. It'll be a mad couple of weeks as we're moving country twice in the same month (back to UK and then over to NYC)!

Community Leader Facebook Connected Badger's Avatar

Congratulations Torstan... and great map... good luck to you ... many happy years

I'd probably would have told my ol'lady that I wasn't drawing the map for the guests at the wedding... it would be for me so I could find the place and show up on time.. .or so that I wouldn't forget I was getting married that day ... lol

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12