Quote Originally Posted by Fiona View Post
The only hiccup is that while I can draw the landforms well enough, actually charting forests, mountains, and the like on a world-scale is surprisingly difficut.
And THAT is what brought me here oh so many moons ago....My understanding of the techniques and theory behind it all is grown by leaps and bounds since then just by reading these forums. LOTS of VERY talented people here and it is one of, if not THE, friendliest places on the entire web. Some advise, even if you do not intend on doing serious mapping (and BOY is THAt a slippery slope), is to look through the tutorials and WIPs forums. Some of the advise you can find there comes from professionals in all sorts of fields, be it Architecture, Engineering, Geology, Graphic Arts, GIS (real world mapping guys), History.......actually you get the idea...and all aimed at representing what is in your head onto a media of your choice (paper, screen, or what have you.

All that in way of saying that you came to the right place for mapping advice and as stated before, POST YOUR MAPS Just as an aside, we have been getting a rash of freehand drawers of late so you should get a buch of advise along those lines too if that is where you want to go.

And lastly, Welcome to the Guild, The Mappiest Place on the Web