Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Possible art theft

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

@Jaxilon and Mearrin. You both have good points. I post my stuff with full knowledge of what could happen on the internet and since I can prove I'm the creator and legit owner of this stuff I'm ok. I was thinking in a global way about that cartographer's guild community which is really friendly and enjoyable. Maybe CG can put some warnings on the front page or simple things like to prevent those behaviours. At least those people wouldn't say they didn't know....
    Last edited by - Max -; 02-06-2013 at 02:30 PM.

Agree with that idea. A warning would at least remove the ignorance plea...even though it shouldn't be necessary.
    M

Professional Artist Guild Donor Sapiento's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mearrin69 View Post
    Agree with that idea. A warning would at least remove the ignorance plea...even though it shouldn't be necessary.
    M
    I don't think that's really necessary - even children know they must not take things they don't own. Intellectual property rights are valid for maps and map brushes, too.

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

I know right. but well....some people is still acting like childrens....

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jacktannery View Post
    An advert for these brushes by Sarthony remains up at Deviant Art: sarthony on deviantART
    Thanks for that link. Just reported her to the DA powers-that-be.

You know what's really tooth-grinding is that at the bottom of the image it says, "Don't forget to rate me please" <--- UN-Freakin Believable!!

Who wants a rating on things they didn't do? That's gotta be some kind of sickness.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected Pryme8's Avatar

thats some bull****, Id be heated... Ive had it happen to me once over music and dude ended up settling out of court for like 2k.

contact the user, then advise him that you will be starting legal action if the proper actions are not taken.

Unless you posted it on her front page it is gone. The link for those brushes has been removed but I bet if the other brushes she's posted where to be investigated they are probably ripped off as well.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast