Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Look! Narrative!
    ### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BraveNewWorldv1.2.jpg 
Views:	177 
Size:	440.1 KB 
ID:	51882

The narrative makes up the bulk of this update. While I think building background panels for each block of text that look like parchment tacked on to the main map would probably be cool, I also am a little (okay, a lot) intimidated by that undertaking, so for now the text sits on the map directly. While it isn't faded or anything like the rest of the map, I am pleased overall with how it looks. I'm also on the fence as to whether or not I should add one last block of text, on the other side of New Hearthland, saying something like "and then we all lived happily ever after YAY!"

I spent a little bit of time trying to clean up the blur/sharpness problems that the towns at least were having. I think it's probably a little bit better, but probably not all the way there. I used the 'sharpen' tool on pretty much everything first, and then back in with a single pixel wide brush and added/erased black to make the shapes more definite. I got impatient with it though, and only really spent time on the chapel in New Hearthland and the two castles in Ahn'Bernac and Urudun. I want to see how it looks in the web browser, and what other people think, before I decide if all of that small detail work is worth it.

I also spent a few moments on the wind gust. Not enough time to really make a huge difference, but there is a small difference anyway!

Edit: After looking at it in the browser side by side with the last version I posted, I can see both what you meant and the improvement with the sharpness, so that's good to know, thanks!
    Last edited by Jaxilon; 02-06-2013 at 08:49 PM. Reason: Added the Latest WIP hashtags