Thread: Pentagonal Keep

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I think perhaps you could try having the whole thing form one giant pentagon with the outer walls connecting the pentagons being slightly indented. Then have the central pentagon basically an open courtyard which would also act as a light well (so you can have big windows on the inside and small arrow loops on the outside. You could also crown the five corners with a corbeled-out turret too if you wanted.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pentagon castle1.jpg 
Views:	472 
Size:	140.4 KB 
ID:	52272

I just banged this together in sketchup really quick; I was curious to see how the geometry would work out, and it looks pretty sharp. This is a great idea, and I can't wait to see how your design and maps turn out.

Name:	Pentagon castle2.jpg 
Views:	397 
Size:	118.8 KB 
ID:	52273
    Last edited by Leurnid; 02-14-2013 at 10:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Leurnid View Post

Name:	pentagon castle1.jpg 
Views:	472 
Size:	140.4 KB 
ID:	52272

I just banged this together in sketchup really quick; I was curious to see how the geometry would work out, and it looks pretty sharp. This is a great idea, and I can't wait to see how your design and maps turn out.

Name:	Pentagon castle2.jpg 
Views:	397 
Size:	118.8 KB 
ID:	52273
    Oh WOW!

Yeah - that's basically where I was going with the design. The central part with the pointed roof and each surrounding pentagon with open areas looks awesome.

Thanks for the model!
    -GP