Yeah Socks this is basically what we want at this point, an overall world visual reference. It put the continents in their perpective locations, with a little more shape than I planned but OK none the less. Remember our brief stated this was to be a pencil and ink map. By using pencil we end up with a map that can be modified, yours is a good example of what I call a “destructive map” as we can make no refinement to it as a “final map”as it was inked in too soon. We can draw more info on the map but it quickly gets unreadable because of the ink “overlines”. A non destructive base map allows us to use our most important tool, the eraser, which will get a workout. Also keep in mind the base map will become the final drawing, you are starting and finishing on a single sheet of paper.

Lets proceed to refine the bubble diagram here:
1. Your gonna have to redraw this in pencil. Take another piece of copy paper, place over the map, hold on window and trace the border lines only. You can use masking tape to tape the maps to the window to work with both hands free if you like. This is a good time to practice free hand straight lines, trace the “single” border line, trying to stay as close to the mechanical line underneath. We don’t need the short stubb lines on the border atm. Make sure you keep the margin the same consistent width on all 4 sides.
2. You have grouped the continents more towards the top of the paper (this could happen in rl but we are also keeping visual appeal in the back of our minds). In your brief you had a variety of climate / terrain types you wanted. To help accomplish this position the new overlay so that the continents are lowered to more or less center them on the sheet vertically. This will place the bottom of your #1 Continent closer/on the equator, retrace all the outlines in pencil.
3. At any time your mind starts to wander, walk away from this. Good practice atm, because when you start to ink this in, as you know, its there for good!!

Ok let me think over the next step now that I see what you have proposed.