Click image for larger version. 

Name:	map_001_wip2.jpg 
Views:	4281 
Size:	3.19 MB 
ID:	52519

Ok... Here is an improved version of the original WIP... I got so many suggestions and after reviewing the tutorials and other links I decided to redo the map entirely.. So, here is a more rugged (= interesting) coastline. More random and varied rivers. Improved heights and hills - if I ever do another map (lol, I need to do at least 5 more) then I will start with the height map - it made so many things far easier to do and figure out. I have also coloured the hills and generally improved the detail... As you will see from the above update *apologies its such a high res* I have left out the trees... I realised that the suggestions were right - my original trees sucked, only problem now is redoing them with proper overlaps and shading is taking forever, even with the 'clone' tool (thank god)... so for now, the map is sans trees...

Oh yes... colour - I changed the colours but I am not sure if this was a good idea - will have to see.... and the rivers now fade into the mountains (too lazy to upload that change)...

Thanks again for everyones help...

ps. When I finally finish, I'll post a completed version in the appropriate forum.