Quote Originally Posted by PolarThebiBear View Post
I know that working on an additional layer of "zooming" could be potentially time consuming, but if you stick through with it this could be a totally engrossing map! It would be great to see more detail!
Well, if you'd like to see the one city map I've finished, here it is. I suppose it may not be quite finished, as I'm quite the perfectionist, but tell me what you think. For reference, this is the Red Plains city, located roughly in the middle of the map.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Red City Rosantis.png 
Views:	3412 
Size:	1.17 MB 
ID:	52158

So, this city scale map took me roughly 2 hours of solid work. It's fully layered, and was entirely experimental as I've never done anything this close up before. The farms were a bit tricky to make look natural, but I think I got it... mostly. I played around with the idea of drawing in boats, but decided against it. Another thing, is the scale of the map is 15 miles wide, but some things dont adhere to that scale. For example, the tents in the upper portions of the city (yes, those are tents ) are not to scale to the grey palace in the center of the city. So... I dunno, take it all with a metaphorical grain of salt or whatever. It's arguably still a work in progress.