Thread: [Award Winner] Making a continent in photoshop

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Ok! just a few more steps to go.

#55, crunchiness to the MTNs

a few questions here.. when following the directions for this, all it really looks like is a static white film over top of the mtns and hill regions

as for the hills, early on in the tutorial we created hills layer but never used it? and now we are creating more hills. while the big hills look great, the small hi8lls look the same as the big hills?

just need some help with the crunch, and hills thanks

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Something is messed up...my version has big hills at 58 and crunch at 59. The original hills layer gets finished in steps 43 and 44. Lemme do some checking. Even more weirdness...my original doc file downloads as something called attachment.php. I'll reupload the file...wonder how it got changed. Ok, it's reuploaded...hope it helps.
    Last edited by Ascension; 03-12-2009 at 05:35 PM.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Map

First of all, amazing tutorial!. It's obvious a lot of time was spend making it, and it was very helpfull.

Here's my result. (I started this afternoon and didn't stop... addicting ).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Naldia.jpg 
Views:	179 
Size:	451.1 KB 
ID:	11649  

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Looks good. Glad you liked it and glad I could help feed the monster
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps