Quote Originally Posted by aquarits View Post
so nice, dat farms are so cool! If a first try, congratulations lol, is a really nice map.
Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
You know what I like best about this map? The shadow the bridge is casting on the water. It's a pretty small thing, but the attention to detail of showing the arch really sells the whole map for me. Looks awesome, dude.
Thanks Diamond. The Drop-Shadow filter in GIMP is pretty limited so shadows like this have to be done manually, but they are fairly easy. I think I will be experimenting with more shadow shapes like this in future maps.

Quote Originally Posted by vorropohaiah View Post
i actually quite like the trees, though perhaps a bit more variation in colour might have been better. fields are great, though the houses roofs might also benefit from some variation from one-to-another - given the thatched huts, youd expect some of the large houes to also be thatched or be made from different matrials. not sure about the amount of detail you were going for though. very nice overall.
I think I will add a bit more color variation to the trees and houses in the future, dido for the texture on the roofs of the houses.

Cheers,
-Arsheesh