Thread: Project my friend and I are working on....

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Novice Facebook Connected

Question Project my friend and I are working on....

My friend and I had an idea and I thought I would share to see if people thought it was good or had heard of anything like it. I have drawn some different variations of maps for a world. Specifically a town called South Peak. I have a few different hand drawn maps of the town and surrounding area as well as some topographic continental maps. The idea is to produce a sort of high detail GM guide for the town with full maps and details for every major building and point of interest. We would also include information about the town and suggest different scenarios and NPCs for the area. I have included some of my original drawings. Please let me know what you think of this idea and my work. Please do not hold back ANY punches. I want honest critiques.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Twin Peak.jpg 
Views:	441 
Size:	1.33 MB 
ID:	52305Click image for larger version. 

Name:	South Peak Town Labels.pdf 
Views:	98 
Size:	1.80 MB 
ID:	52306Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mountainswithtownbelow.pdf 
Views:	63 
Size:	1.21 MB 
ID:	52307

Sounds like a good idea to me. GMs can always use a fleshed-out setting in which to place their PCs. There are a lot of good examples of this...Hommett, Saltmarsh, and, on the extreme end, Ptolus. Looking forward to seeing your progress.
    M

Edit: Welcome to the Guild!