Quote Originally Posted by NeonKnight View Post
From what I understand with the licenses is it a case of one or the other. And really, I have no problem with that. It is a license after all. WotC is saying I allow you to use our rules our work to sell you product. We only ask that you pick either Column A or Column B. Oh, you want to do both? OK, you can, but you need to publish for Column A under the XYZ name, and publish for Column B under the ZYX name.
My primary concern is simply a question of what will the 3rd party publishers actually publish. I've read the OGL and GSL and frankly after the first few paragraphs my head starts to spin. I simply don't have a head for reading contracts.

However I have a contract lawyer in my gaming group. (A Doctor too, if anyone is taking notes.) He informs me that some differences between the OGL and GSL that will affect how a 3rd party book will be written.

Assuming that the 3rd party doesn't leave thier OGL lines, will I see an OGL copy of Green Ronin's Skull and Bones setting and a GSL copy of Green Ronin's Rebranded Pirates Setting next to each other? I'm curious as to how they might handle this situation.

It's not really a concern about the wording of the contracts but how the 3rd parties will use them.