Quote Originally Posted by RPMiller View Post
Update on the effect DDI is having on MapTool... We are starting to see new members coming over to start using MapTool because WoTC is missing its release dates... We even had our first new member tell us straight up that that is why they were there.

:snicker:
Sorry to dredge up an old post, but yeah... this is why I registered here today. WOTC got our gaming group thinking seriously about online RP, but between the vaporware factor and subscription fee, here I am. We've been playing around with MapTool, and I've re-installed GIMP and dug out my old texture library - looks like our first session is this Thursday.

Our group actually has 3 fairly competent java coders, and there are already some mutterings about possible contributions if time allows. So yeah, well done Wizards!

A side note, TokenTool is one of the nicest pieces of software I've seen in a while. Does its job quickly, intuitively, and well, good stuff!

I'm not going to touch all the 4th edition debate stuff, I learned that game system preferences were a deeply personal matter back in the 80's.