I know we gotta wait till Jan 2009 to publish anything 4e unless publishers bought the overly priced publishing kit....

Oh... and I incidently had my first 4e TPK .... that was fun... for both me and the players interestingly enough....

I'm kinda thick most of the time.. but it wasn't until halfway through that battle I realized that you can't actually use a healing surge as a standard action ... which brought alot of things into focus and started making some of the abilities of say the 'cleric' a little more ... can't find the word..... un-obsolete...

I have to admit along with all the other 'at-first skeptics' that I really like the system... but it can hardly be called anything but D&D... at least another edition ... it is wholly another system unrelated to any of the previous rules other than some basic in-game functions and mechanics.... i'm not saying this is a bad thing.. i'm just saying that its not D&D as any gamer of any of the previous systems would be able to say hey .... this is all very similiar to xx.x edition. This is most apparent with no conversion system from 3.x ... because it is so alien from any of its predecessors that there isn't any reasonable character conversion.

You know.. I was really hoping I wouldn't like the system...

and does anyone else find that the dragonborn, while not inherently broken in anyway is just plain munchkin?? I found it so because they are the only race that have an actual attack as a racial (encounter) power.... other races have some combat oriented racial powers, but they have the only actual power that is purely damage based.... (oh and the cute little note at the bottom... play a dragonborn if you .... 'want to play a dragon' ... lol)

sorry for the interruption on the OGL and the GSL ... but I just ask my wife who was a legal secretary for 16+ years to go over all that stuff and tell me if what I plan to do is 'legal' or not ... and if she don't have the answer.... I can just ask Torq