Thread: The World of Mirica

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

@Diamond
    Thank you. I have been working on fixing many of those issues and am actually redoing all of the foliage and terrain since I increased the map to the size I wanted. The background has been changed, but it's difficult to find a single piece of parchment scanned at the resolution I need so I have to stretch it. Also, it's not meant to be an ocean texture, but rather dyed parchment and it's going to eventually be printed and won't look nearly as bad as it does when fully zoomed in. Anyway, since I resized the image it makes for slow going because Photoshop seems to need a ton of RAM for this project. Who knew a 4-foot image with hundreds of layers at 300dpi (14400x9600px) would use so many resources? So until I can get some more RAM I'll be putting this off for a bit longer, not too long though, since I get paid soon and will be able to afford some more memory (looking at adding 16 gigs or just ditching all my "old" ram and upgrading to a full 32gb). I will also be adjusting the fonts used and their sizing and placement, but I usually consider that to be later in the steps before finishing something like this. I really just want to get all the content in there before finalizing everything.
    Last edited by riplox; 02-22-2013 at 12:37 AM.