Thread: North Ilos (first attempt with CC3)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

jaerdaph: Yes, I used PhotoImpactX3 to do the lettering and roads with. As I said, I've only just been able to get my hands on CC3, and I don't know anything about the sheet effects, though I can't wait to use them now!

I appreciate the comments!

-george

Yes indeed a very beautiful map. The roads and lettering as you have them on your map can be done identically in CC3 by utilizing the Sheet Effects by putting a 'glow' on those layers, entities.

If you would like to know how to do it, ask I will write up a quick Tut for you if you wish.
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Your text looks nicer than what CC3 will do, though. There's still an antialiasing issue with CC3 that shows up in text. I decided a while back to do all my labelling, simple icons, and compositing in a raster program like Photoshop. The elements blend with the rest of the image much better that way. Of course, I haven't done much with CC3 since I put my main computer in storage.
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

Very nice map! I have seen a lot of people who have done many maps in CC3 and they are not as nice as this.

NeonKnight: I've used today to mess around with the sheet effects a little. Yes, I'd love to have a tutorial on using them with CC3!!

Again, thanks for the comments, everyone!

I plan on doing several more maps of this area with greater detail - focusing on specific regions of interest to my campaign. I'll certainly post them here if anyone is interesting.

-george

OK, I'll see what I can whip up for you.
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave