Sorry, I would have replied sooner but I've been busy promoting my latest book and my kid got sick for a bit.

Anyway.

This is "Paid" work, meaning that I have a very tight budget and I need something specific which I need to retain the rights on. The price is negotiable within reason. Please keep in mind this is joe blow, not Random House.

The map is roughly the scale of France and Germany. There's a large continent with a mountain range to the south seperating it from an arctic region. Two large islands administered by nearby provinces with a smattering of small islands, most not visible at this distance. I will provide the artist with more detail during our conversations.

What I'm essentially looking for is something gritty, maybe even a little steampunk, done in black and white but suitable for print. 8 inches high by 5 inches wide.

The work will end up being put into my next novel, which is still a work in progress. Though because of that I will need the copyright for the map, but the artist would be welcome to use it as part of their portfolio, though obviously not for commercial gain.

If there are any questions or clarifications needed, just ask.

You can PM me here, hit me up on skype or email me directly dtemrick at sasktel dot net

Thanks.