Thread: World Map of Veriel

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Expert Facebook Connected vorropohaiah's Avatar

I think its just a matter of going back to the base image, trying to alter it, uploading it back to g. projector, seeing it, altering it again etc. etc. until your'e happy! At least that's what i do.

If there's an easier way I'd love to know!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by vorropohaiah View Post
    I think its just a matter of going back to the base image, trying to alter it, uploading it back to g. projector, seeing it, altering it again etc. etc. until your'e happy! At least that's what i do.

If there's an easier way I'd love to know!
    You could try working with GIS. If you do your editing in a suitable projection for the particular region you are editing then it should all work out on the globe. The problem is you have to learn to use a GIS, and creating new projections isn't done much so they tend not to have great tools for it.

It's something that really calls for specialized software. Graphics tools just don't have the right functionality and GIS tools are designed for working with real world data, not creating whole new worlds from scratch. I might give it a stab at some point but I don't have enough time at the moment.