Quote Originally Posted by Sigurd View Post
Good coastline. Leaves lots of room for useful landmass!

I find the stylish font very hard to read though. Simple and clear is often much better than stylish and dense.
I have to echo this sentiment. Hard to read. I LOVE the annotations though, that really gives this character.

Decide on a light source for a whole project and dont change it. That will confuse\disturb the viewer. By convention light usually comes from the North West and many viewers expect that. You can change any convention you want but take notice of the way that affects your work.
I agree 100%. With that in mind, you might want to add just a hint of shadow to your forests on the same side as the mountains to make the illusion even more real. Ditto the escarpment at the top of the map. Anyway, play with it and see if you like the result...

I'm sending you some reputation cause I like your forests. They have trunks. Gotta have trunks or they're only bushes.
YES!!!!! If you have hand drawn ISO type mountains, your forests should not be a flat. Tree trunks ROCK!!!!

On a side note, I see that you have some bleed over of the brown into the underlying ground level. This makes a much more natural look IMO. However, this then jars with the hard lines of the black shadow part. If you are up for a few minutes of playing around, I would suggest using the smudge tool to blur some of the black down and to the left and down and to the right into the brown a bit. This will really make the shadows seem to melt into the landscape.