Thread: [WIP] Arcantis, the lake city

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Bigger update, now with much more buildings. Most of them are just common houses.

But what does the Five Leadres mean? Also known as the Great Five, they are those men who basic rule the city of Arcantis. They are not any man, but they also don't come from a rich or powerfull family - they can, but it is not required -, they are chosen by several challenges, and anyone can compete, as long as the one is: A man (women are not allowed); more than 20 winters old. The number of challenges is not always the same, and it depends on the number of participants. Each Challenge take out five men of the challenge, and it goes on untill there is something between 6 and 10 men, when the final Challenge is done. All challenges have something to do with water, since holding your breath and submerging your head, to fishing with bare hands the biggest fish. The last challenge is to cross swiming the lake, and it could even sound easy, if the lake wasn't 1~2 miles wide. The five who can get to the other side of the lake first are the Great Five. But how often does this competition happnes? It depends, the rules are that it will only have new competitions if two or more of the five die, resigns or are permanently disabled for some reason (to prevent dictatorship). The Five live on the Great House, with their families. They manage to keep the city safe, to control the money waste, to order any repairs needed on the structure, amog other things.

So far I have for interesting buildings:
    1)The great house; 2)Lighthouse; 3)Warehouses; 4)Watchtower; 5)Smith; 6)Inn; 7)Shrine; 8-Barracks; 9)Dockers' Union; 10)Stables; 11)Traders/Merchants Guild; 12)General Store; 13)Alchemist;
    And I'm still going to place: Backer, Butcher, Jewelry, Tavern, Doctor and fisherman Guild.

I think there are some important buildings I'm missing. Can you guys help me? What do you think the city should have?
    PS: It has no plantations, so it does not need any sort of Mill (Windmill, watermill....).

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC02573.JPG 
Views:	145 
Size:	2.92 MB 
ID:	52850