What you said is exactly about the experience time doing maps. Ofc sometimes you will do something wrong, and someone will help you to fix it. Next time i am sure that you will live the same situation, but this time you know what to do. If need learn more about software of improve some artistic feature, you will stop (not quit) for a time till u get ready to keep going.
I dont want considerer the time, coz like you said a lots of other things call for your time (considering, in my case, map as hobby). But you will not do the wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxilon View Post
First of all I might just say there are some folks who may never get the knack because they don't have the patience and drive to build up the skills. Possibly they are not great at designing or visualizing, I don't know. It is also art and that tends to be really subjective. What one group of folks thinks is fantastic another will detest. That's just the nature of the beast.f I weren't I'd probably get bored real fast and move onto something else.
That is the point, when someone have to much skills and the gift for some art. Coz of lack of experience, they not see the work growing. "Oh damn, i can do fantastics images" and when you see the map you the river feeding the lake in middle of the desert o.o
I remember JB and Hai criticizing my rivers. In other words saying "your rivers sux" it was wut make me start look for more information. Thanks for ths guys, i learned enough about Topography and use 2 new softwares. I had to FAIL 3 times in my background textures to start a search and learn how to do it. so after 3 maps i believe that i can handle rivers and started with textures

Dat is why you cant measure the experience by time, that is why i believe that u can measure it by the number of maps done.