Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Egos - Warlands

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Adept Facebook Connected aquarits's Avatar

Default Egos - Warlands

Right, gues this one will be my last map for a while. For me one of more productive coz i used a lots of things that i learn in my last months. I fell with the obligation to make something really better. Now i will just do slow and step by step using everything that you all teached me and shared in a whole forum.

Thank you everybody and specialy - Max - that follow contantly my thread

http://www.cartographersguild.com/ge...agacea-12.html

Quote Originally Posted by aquarits View Post
    Before the first milk newborns of "The Passage" know the color of blood, before they even learn to read, childrens learn to hate those who do not follow their same religious conviction. Two brothers born for the same father, were able to in 41 years destroy an old empire and split in two, a whole continent. In this scenario born of the greater history of the war in the world of Egos, driven by religious fanaticism, the inhabitants of "The Passage" fighting for over 5 centuries by domains of two cities, regarded by all as holy territory.
    On one side the followers of Dorious, leader by nature, traveler that spread worldwide teachings of the Creator, announcing his kingdom and freeing with battles the branded ignorant by religion for a chance to get the sacred knowledge. On the other hand, the charismatic Abrahad, who founded numerous synagogues from the Southern Randoria to the north of Tristania, announcing the kingdom of the Creator and preaching sanctification by a life of sacrifices.
    Brothers in father, born on the same day in different cities, countless events have announced the birth of the son of the Creator, however no one imagined they would be two childrens and still doubt the veracity of one side. In Noah, Dorious is the savior of the whole earth, the other is only a forger. From Amareia, Abrahad is the messiah sent by the creator and the other is simply your anti concept.
    The Great Empire of Medina was destroyed by this 2 mens, active for over 6 centuries of tradition, the beliefs divided in various districts struggling for nearly six centuries in a total political and religious discord. Changing the name of the region known for "The Passage" to nothing more than "Warlands".

The Training Centers and Battlefields.

This is undoubtedly one of the most bizarre teachings created in "Warlands". These training centers are not just centers for training soldiers. Guided by a certain magical influences, living in these constructions always exact number of 144 womens over 20 years who live with only one goal: Reproduction.
    These children born in "Training Centers" are guided and Educated with a single goal, to participate in holy wars. The battlefields are also sacred sites where the major wars started under the stain of blood from one of the brothers, these fields are still active since the beginning of the first fight and will remain so until a single nation sustain the two cities or until the Creator itself interfere in wars.

The Free City of Aurora

Faced with so much war, the equipment market has heated up. However the difficulty of negotiating camps "Warlands" became virtually impossible. Was where that born on the other side of the mountains the free free of "Aurora". Countless boats and cruise ships dock in this city for the sole purpose of starting from there follow specific tracks to feed the market of war in the Warlands.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled-war1.jpg 
Views:	442 
Size:	3.63 MB 
ID:	52911  
    Last edited by aquarits; 03-16-2013 at 07:14 AM.

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Blaidd Drwg's Avatar

Absolutely gorgeous map, Aquarits. Go bask in the Glory of a job well done!

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

Great job! Definitely an improvment on colours/tone on this one. Repped.
    Now that I'm looking at it again, I feel that labels should be closer to the icons (cities/battlefileds etc.). For now they seem a bit too far. Sorry to haven't spot that when it was still a WIP

Very nice job Aquartis!

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Thanks a lots guys!

No need sorry Max, you are helping me alots in everything.

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

You're welcome. I was about to ask you what map would be the next but I saw you just started a new WIP. I smell some more improvments to come

w00t 100 rep points

yes, it started, like i said before, now i go slow, no rush. Want something really better!

I like the style and the hand drawn icons are nice. Good job

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Schwarzkreuz's Avatar

The linework of the Compass is much thinner than the linework of the Mountains and trees, thats the only thing bothering me here.
    Besides that, this kind of colorsheme is well choosen and its an overall well made map! Get some rep [have to spread more befor you get some from em again ]

Guild Expert Facebook Connected vorropohaiah's Avatar

this is nice - i like the overall feel the zoomed out map evokes, with the history cartouche in the top right and other details. easily my fave of the egos maps. nice colours, though perhaps the political colours might be a slight bit more pronounced.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast