Thread: City of Shikodu

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I do not have a map of the city during this peroid in history. This predates my map of the city by a very long time. The Rokat are in the 4th Age. After the project is completed, I might made maps of the city as it was during key periods in history. I believe this will be the campaign setting I put my life's work into creating.
    Chapter 3
    Zigoto War 1
    (Michiro Hutaki)
    The Rokat are beginning to fear an uprising, so they build guard towers around Zigoto. The city was becoming a military stronghold. The Rokat in Shanibala are sending troops to the front. The town was arming up for the battle they knew was coming now.
    In 1269 of the 1st Age, things are about to be really bad. Over 30 Vinori towns now know about Zigoto’s slaughter and the name of the general behind it. The Vinori are determined to kill Kithana Harube and bring her head back to the Kinship of Ellia.
    “The Rokat were chatting amongst them selves in an attempt to locate the Vinori government if they had one. At this time in Rokat history the six regions of the Rokat world had not found each other. Only Puthade and Shanibala were connected.”
    Hara had enough of the Vinori getting in the way of the Rokat in Zigoto. She ordered guard towers to be built all over the region around Zigoto. The city and it’s farm lands were to be protected. The city was making miles of gold wire to start bringing power to all the houses. A telecom system was also in the works and later the telephone was brought in.
    The importance of being able to contact the military was utmost importance. The Vinori are posing a real threat to Zigoto’s people. Hara was not going to stand for a frightened and vengeful public. The public as a whole praying for revenge on the Vinori for all the hardships brought upon the region. At this time the Vinori only sought justice in destroying Zigoto.
    There was a problem in letting the Vinori do what they wanted is that Zigoto was Kidasuna’s largest Rokat city at that time. Letting it fall would make the Rokat look weak. Hara brought the Council together at the bathhouse for a meeting. They decided they would fortify and let the Vinori try. It was clear that the Rokat and their iron weapons would be deadly.
    Shanibala sent message to Ellia to gather an army to attack Zigoto. It was to her knowledge that the Rokat were allowing the Vinori to have justice. The Vinori came upon Zifoto to find it fortified and the public as a whole was trained to fight with traditional weapons.
    The Vinori through themselves upon the razor sharp blades of the Rokat and were slaughtered. The armies kept on coming until the land was littered with Vinori corpses. It was the idea of Ellia that she would martyr enough of her kind to poison the land.
    To her dismay, the Rokat were able to find other way to grow food in the iron rich soil of the region. Ellia’s plan failed miserably and it led to the deaths of 25,000 Vinori. By the end of the year the Vinori were out of soldiers and were ready to send their children into battle. Zigoto has held strong against the enemy.
    Zigoto’s population was beginning to strain the resources of the region, so they decided to send an army for a final battle with the Vinori in the Kinship of Ellia. 5,000 trained Rokat were sent southward. The vast army was more than the total population of the Vinori in the Kinship of Ellia. Shanibala was probably going to defend Ellia and her people, so a vast army was sent to deal with them too.
    It took 28 days for Hara’s army to reach Shanibala and Rellia. The army set up a huge camp north of the two towns. Hara did no go with the army, but she gave orders for the army to seal off Sipani Pass to the south and the main camp on the north. The armies ready for battle.
    At night the battle was set to happen. Both the north and south legions closed in and seized the two towns. Shanibala was ready for battle. The noise of the Rokat battling woke the Vinori in Rellia. The Rokat in Shanibala was trained in traditional weapons, but Zigoto’s army had dimories.
    Shanibala was surrounded and no one was able to escape that city. The night was bloody. The dimories had been chosen well and made by the finest crafts men in Zigoto. The blades cut the traditional weapons like meat. It was easy to bring them down. “We sent our women to do battle and left a slaughtered ruin.”
    In the morning the Vinori saw that the Rokat of Shanibala were all dead. Their heads were piled high in Teahouse Square. The Vinori were no less easy to slaughter. Rellia was burned during the battle.
    The Vinori hid along the cliffs and used their bows to kill the Rokat. “It was not enough, because we already held Shanibala.” The Vinori stood no chance against Rokat dimories. Zigoto’s warriors were fast as lightning in the night. They stuck like lightning and all in their path was dead.
    Shanibala was taken in an hour and all were dead. The Rokat do not bother to run, no matter how dire the situation is. “All fought to the death so valiantly that I shall build a monument to them. The Vinori however scattered like rats when they found that defeat was near. It is true that we will have to defeat all of them in order to establish lasting peace.”

This is the final chapter of my story for the Shikodu Map. This sounded like the best place to stop before it turned into a book on its own. The full story is 7 pages long. I think I'm going to look into how they structured City of Spenders Waterdeep. I think my map is of a similarly sized community.

New Beginnings
    (Michiro Hutaki)
    The great city of Shikodu stood strong and proud over its achievements in industry and it was quickly forgetting the past. The Rokat knew it was best to never look back. The history books were changed to hide the 1,377 years of tyranny and evil.
    The city was founded under its new name and all the past was hidden. The Vinori were further outraged when they found out that the Rokat hid all evidence of the atrocity they had committed. Janu was never punished, because it would require the Rokat to acknowledge a past they have said does not exist.
    Janu went on to found the Seuwrhanic Temple and was building up to the next atrocity. The Rokat never learn from the past and are doomed to forever repeat the events they try so hard to forget. The Seuwrhanic Temple is at fault for all evils.
    Janu traveled to Shanibala and brought technology with him back to Shikodu. Janu used this technology to make the High Council immortal, so they would always be in debt to Janu and thus under his sole control. Janu used this power to quickly take over the Gunoshiva Prefecture. The lands prospered under his demonic and immortal rule.
    The growing power of Gunoshiva quickly spread to any region aware of him and his immortality. The Puthade Prefecture tried to stop Janu once they connected enough to know what was actually happening. Puthade’s Rokat were far fewer in number, because Janu was evil and sought power above all else.
    By the time the year 1984 of the First Age came, Janu was ready to seize control of the planet. The year came and Janu seized power over all the Rokat. All the size capitols became nothing to the power of Janu and Shikodu.
    Janu’s Grand Design was made and in it was a plan to populate the planet with enough Rokat to make sure that no immerging civilization would pose a threat. Janu was eager to develop space capable ships and later develop warp capable ships. It was Janu’s mission to educate the Rokat and send them out to conquer Creation while it had few to stand in his way.
    It was never really a fall, but rather a shift in power. Janu saw that Kidasuna Toki was more beautiful and sacred with holy sites. Janu moved the High Council to Kidasuna Toki. The people of Shikodu were happy to see the fame go. The city went into obscurity and hid this past as well. Shikodu was trying to return to a normal pace of existence that would otherwise have been if it were not for Janu.