View Poll Results: What kind of image do you like to represent your character on VTT's

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Top Down Mini (looking down from above)

17 48.57%
  • Icon (conceptual representation)

0 0%
  • Face (actual face of your character)

10 28.57%
  • Symbol (A symbol that represents your character)

2 5.71%
  • Anything (Any of the above is fine, I just want to play!!)

6 17.14%
  • Other (Please specify)

0 0%

Thread: What type of VTT Icon do you prefer

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

The state idea is really a good one. If its just a family of images, it would be really easy for the players\dm. You could build a little menu with descriptions and then auto-rename the images to match. Players might choose 5 states with short descriptions. The program could choose the correct picture and title (if it existed) and just change the title if it didnt. Would work a treat for shape changers and lycanthropes as well, even vampires. The nice thing is you could implement the structure and leave the content to whoever wants to use it. The tokens are tiny and even having 12 duplicate images for each player wouldn't be too big a hit. I'd give players 5 phases and NPC's 3.

Good idea.

RE: Token Choice.

Fgrounds has the very elegant system where your character is represented on the game board with an image. Its almost always a face but it can be any png. The elegant thing is that the same image appears in miniature on the initiative table. Drag the image from the init table to the map and it automatically labels and highlights your character when its your turn. If a player selects a target from the map. That target is encircled with the players die colour.

As a result, for players, I typically prefer portraits. For opponents in combat I like top down.

Sigurd
    Last edited by Sigurd; 06-15-2008 at 11:57 PM.