Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Selvarin - Fantasy map

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

Thanks much guys
    @Joao : I prefer drawing coastlines without using real worl shapes but that works well too. I guess it's a matter of taste.

Fantastic map Max! So many details to pour over.

Btw, were you able to do that tutorial on heraldic shields by any chance? I'm trying to create some circular Japanese-like clan crests but have no idea how to put it all together in PS. =/

Hey Sharpes, thanks! Unfortunately, no tutorial on the heraldic yet, sorry and I won't promise I'll do one

Lovely map. The colors are very eye-catching.

This map is fascinating and inspiring! I love it. One of the top 5 fantasy maps in the www

Keep the great work up!

Thanks guys, glad you like it

Fantastic, really amazing work.

So inspiring!

Guild Novice

This map is truly great... I've pored over it for so long over the last week =) I'm totally in love with it. I like all of your maps a ****load, Max, but this I think is my favourite overall.

One question for you: how did you do the trees in Photoshop? I can't figure out how to make brushes not grayscale so right now the only method I can think of is drawing them by hand and copypasting them which sounds painstaking but if that's what it takes to get the look you did in your forests then I'm down... but if you have an easier way, please share ^^

Thanks Loki and Cyx
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyx View Post
    This map is truly great... I've pored over it for so long over the last week =) I'm totally in love with it. I like all of your maps a ****load, Max, but this I think is my favourite overall.
    One question for you: how did you do the trees in Photoshop? I can't figure out how to make brushes not grayscale so right now the only method I can think of is drawing them by hand and copypasting them which sounds painstaking but if that's what it takes to get the look you did in your forests then I'm down... but if you have an easier way, please share ^^
    You can find some answer in a mini tutorial I've made in the WIP thread here

Hi Max. Your map is totally beautiful and inspiring. It puts my work to shame and makes me want to revisit my maps and attempt to bring them closer to the quality you have created here. I especially love the use of the heraldry, and I think from now on I'll be adding that sort of embellishment to anything I do in the future.
    Well done and congratulations! Repped.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast