Thread: Un-named world WIP

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Wip Un-named world WIP

New member, first time posting here. Only found out about this site a few days ago, and have found it really useful. Browsing through the forums, found some excellent links to resources, and learnt about map projections. Now, I don't really have all that much to show, but I thought I'd start a WIP thread anyway; it'd serve well for posterity's sake, since I'll be able to see the progress of my work over time.

I started this map yesterday by all accounts, since that's when I found one of the shapes in there that I like. I drew it as three individual shapes, but removed the 'borders' because it gives me a better feel for the shape and size of the supercontinent. I've finally got shapes I actually like! I noticed it might be because the overall shapes on an equirectangular projection taper, which for me adds a nice aesthetic. I haven't got a name for the world yet, although I do have inhabitants already lined up to populate it.

Lots of work ahead. For one, I want a continent to the south of this supercontinent, but I am not sure whether it should be in the process of moving away or colliding. It's a good job I found out about G.Projector so soon, I was working with a mercator projection at first. It also made me realise that things get closer to one another towards the poles, and aren't just squished.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	First run.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	138.7 KB 
ID:	53026  
    Last edited by Kaidonni; 03-21-2013 at 07:01 PM.