Thread: [GIMP] WIP: My First "Real" Attempt at Subterranean Mapping

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Wow. Almost four months since I took a "break" from this project.

I remember thanking Neyjour for her assistance in the post directly above, but there was a server crash or something and we lost a couple days of posts.

Anyway, I've started again, but I have to re-learn some of my weak GIMP skills.

One difference: I've given up my resistance to using textures. Instead of trying to do everything with filters, I'm going to do like almost everyone else and use textures found on the Net.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpe View Post
    Eventually, I'll remove the wall texture and use filters to create my own with the help of the tutorial, "How to Blend Textures for Use in Battlemapping with GIMP."
    Well, I accomplished the tutorial before, but I had been playing with GIMP for a while. This time, I got stuck on the part that says, "Apply a linear blend along the edges of the road to achieve the following or something similar."

I couldn't figure out how to use the blend tool to create the effect.

However, I used the Gaussian Blur filter to produce the same result, it seems to me.

Anyway, no update because I'm still working on it. Just thought I would post and prepare the world for my return to battlemapping! ;-)

UPDATE: Just playing with textures. I still didn't figure out how I used the blend tool...

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/8955/3v3z.jpg
    Last edited by Sharpe; 07-12-2013 at 01:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpe View Post
    I remember thanking Neyjour for her assistance in the post directly above, but there was a server crash or something and we lost a couple days of posts.
    I remember that. I had just posted a BIG update on my freebies thread (with lots of links), and about 5-10 mins later everything crashed, they did a rollback, and my post was gone. *cries* I never did work up the energy to re-post it. Heh.

It's really great to see my Sandy Soil textures in use! You're the first one I've seen to use them. And I love the two mucky/swampy pools. That texture looks really great.
    Last edited by Neyjour; 07-12-2013 at 04:46 PM. Reason: typo