Hi Djali,

thank you for the feedback. To make sure, that I got your idea / suggestions right:

1) It's possible for a DM to upload pictures. It's possible for the DM to show that picture at the players tablet and change the display center position.

2) It would be possible to add fog to the picture and to use a brush to reveal parts of the picture. The DM would see a picture, where the fog just grays the picture, while the players see a picture, where that fog is black.

3) The DM could upload some kind of DM-overlay for a picture that is displayed only to the DM, when showing a picture.

Would that serve your needs?

Quote Originally Posted by Djaii View Post
... When players enter a room, the DM clicks to reveal the sections basic features and the player(s) can refresh in their tablet (Nexus/iPad/Surface, etc...) to see the new view.
Why do the players have to refresh their tablet? With dungeon pilot, revealed dungeon parts are instantly shown to the players. I would add that to picture maps too.

Quote Originally Posted by Djaii View Post
For the project to really take off, I think it would have to be system independent. Using 5' squares implies that this is really for 3/3.5 or 4e D&D use (which is fine, but not very re-usable for say, basic, anything sci-fi/hex/gurps etc...).
I've thought of adding support for hex maps later.

Thank you for the input. I will think about this. Do you know roll20.net? That is a system, that is much more powerful than dungeon pilot. On the other hand it's also much harder to use. I'm (for example) absolutely not capable of painting any map with any system :-) So dungeon pilots easy to use editor, would be the right tool, if I where to master some D&D campaign.