Thread: WIP - Elder-Earth

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Apprentice

Yeah, I'd have to agree with Diamond. It's a fantastic start.
    Since you've addressed the gray outline, I won't beat a dead horse. I like the colors, very vibrant and alive. The land masses and shapes are cool as well. And yes, the mountains look good. I'm not sure how I feel about the hills though, especially on the eastern isthmus of that large central island; almost too pointy, maybe?
    The lower right hand section threw me for a second until I realized it was an incomplete land mass.
    Also, I think the font and labels are perfect for this map!
    It's a great start and would love to see how this progresses! Have some rep!

Guild Novice

Thanks. I'm glad people like it. I had a play around with the coasts and rivers. I've inserted a cut section below. It still is very much a work in progress, so this won't necessarily be the final form the coasts and rivers take (I think they need a bit more 'hand-crafting' to make them look good) but it seems like an improvement.

I also generated a pine trees pattern which I'm using in the northern parts of the map. I've inserted a cut of that too.

COASTS AND RIVERS (new attempt)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WIP-SPELLWOVEN-MAP-COASTS.gif 
Views:	186 
Size:	594.1 KB 
ID:	53102

PINE TREES (With some painting in next to the broadleaf forest on the north-western shore for comparison

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WIP-SPELLWOVEN-MAP-PINES.gif 
Views:	201 
Size:	1.06 MB 
ID:	53103

Let me know what you think.

Chris