Thread: The pay sucks, but...

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by torstan View Post
    Given this is free, it is probably best to post the list and see if anyone is interested in doing one or two. I doubt you'll get the full 8-10 from one person due to the amount of work.

However, I am putting maps together for my campaign at the moment and if your encounter maps and my own cover similar scenarios I'll make sure the ones I do for my campaign will also fit yours.
    Absolutely. Here's the list, so far:

1. A circular stone fort. The diameter is negotiable, as long as there is room for a fight on the inside. There is no roof (or at least not much of one), and a huge V shaped gash is carved out of the side. The bottom should be no wider than a medium-sized person can squeeze through.

Inside is a single stone pillar of equal height to the fort (I'm thinking 50 ft or so?). Eventually the stone around this pillar will collapse to reveal a tall spiral staircase with a single door at the top, seemingly opening into nowhere.

There will be two encounters with this map--one before and one after the revealing of the stairs.

2. A section of forest, possibly with a stream and felled trees. The object here is for the difficult terrain to be a major factor in the encounter.

3. An area of swampland, mixed with a bit of woodsy terrain. This could be worked into the above map if there's a bit of distance between them. This will preferably have a darker feel for flavor reasons, but it's not necessary.

4. A rocky badlands area, or desert (think gnolls). Actually, Dorpond's bluffs map could work well for this.

5. A snow-covered cemetery. Two encounters here, and the only requirement is that there be two hanging bodies--a man and a woman--nearby. A newlywed couple would be great, but not necessary.

6. This will be the simplest one, but also the one with the most intrigue, I think. A hallway, 4 squares wide, with a single door at the end. It should be of a length to take longer than a couple of cautious rounds to get there.

Some sort of 5 ft. grid should be placed in the usable space on each map.

Quote Originally Posted by ravells View Post
    Or you could just use maps that people have already made and ask them for permission if required? From your description it doesn't seem like you need a consistent style of mapping from one map to the next.
    And if I run across some that fit my needs, I most certainly will. Most of what I'm thinking has at least one fairly specific item though, and I think I'd be hard pressed to stumble upon something that fit exactly. Of course, I could always change a bit of the encounter if the map was close, but I'll cross that bridge if I come to it. And no, a consistent style is most definitely not needed.
    Last edited by industrygothica; 06-17-2008 at 06:06 AM.