Thread: April Challenge Entry - Arunhaon

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Adept

Default April 2013 Challenge Entry - Arunhaon (Final)

I know this is going to sound presumptuous, but I win! Oh I don't know that I've won the guild challenge. I'll let the vote speak for that. But for me, it has been very difficult for me to track through a project like this and actually reach a point where I consider the thing done. This challenge entry was as much about me challenging myself to get the job done as it was about competing with the other (very fine) maps made by my guild brethren. In that I succeeded and that makes me happier than you know.

I just want to thank Diamond for his/her kind words and inspiration. Going to toss out a thank you to Pasis and Ascension, who's wonderful tutorials formed the basis from which I built upon. Without them, this map would probably never have been made. I wish all of the other entrants the best of luck. I hope this challenge was as satisfying for you as it was for me.

Note: Uploaded a new version as I found an error in the text of the previous entry. (5/1/13) Since the voting hadn't begun yet, uploaded a slightly updated maps. Mostly I tried to label a couple of the mountain ranges.

Tools Used: GIMP 2.8, GIMP 2.6 (because 2.8.4 Alpha to Logo kept crashing on me), Photoshop CS2 (borrowed for the mountains and labels)

### Latest WIP ###

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Arunhaon_final.jpg 
Views:	390 
Size:	3.23 MB 
ID:	54146
    Last edited by nolgroth; 05-01-2013 at 08:45 PM.