Thread: Manaizin

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Actually, I mispoke above. The default palette is now hardwired to the software in CC3 - there is no default palette .PAL file. If you want a custom palette used by default in all your maps, you can include one in the Drive:\Program Files\Profantasy\CC3 directory with the name FCW32.PAL

CC3 will now pull this palette as the default for all maps over the hardwired default CC3 color scheme palatte.

If you only want to use this palette in one map, do the following. In your drawing, go to File -> Drawing Properties. In the Drawing presets dialog box, click the Attach to drawing button under Custom palette. Save your map. Then you can delete the FCW32.PAL file, and all your other maps without this palette attached (old ones and new ones you create) will use the hardwired default color palette again. But the map with the palette attached will keep those custom colors.

Since CC3 will only work with one palette that needs to have the name FCW32.PAL, I usually save my custom palettes in another directory with a descriptive name like OVERLANDCOLORSCHEME.PAL and then rename the file FCW32.PAL when I need to copy it into the directory mentioned above so I can access it. Then I attach it to the current map, and delete the PAL file afterwards.

Here's a sample palette I did if you want to test this out based on colors found in an old Microsoft map program. First, check the palette as is by default now in CC3 - specifically colors 176 through 191. Now rename this file FCW32.PAL and follow the steps above. Now check out colors 176 through 191. Just delete the PAL file if you want to go back to the default colors.

So yeah, I guess it still is a little clunky, but at least the risk of overwriting the default palette is now gone.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    jaerdaph
    JUST ADD HEROES An ICONS Superpowered Roleplaying Game Blog by Joe "jaerdaph" Bardales

Cool, it worked. Thanks again Jaerdaph.