Thread: Another newborn saying hi

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Well howdy, CartoGeo! You can have your first post on your own thread you know!

Great to see you here and welcome to our little guild. It's great to have a proper architect here....most of us have no idea about architecture apart from what is self taught and it would be wonderful if you could share your knowledge on the subject.

I entirely agree that it's what you make rather than the software you make it with that counts.

cheers!

Ravs

Quote Originally Posted by ravells View Post

Great to see you here and welcome to our little guild. It's great to have a proper architect here....most of us have no idea about architecture apart from what is self taught and it would be wonderful if you could share your knowledge on the subject.

Ravs
    I would be happy to answer any questions anyone has about the profession of architecture or making maps, building drawings, etc... I have extensive CAD training as well... I say this since a lot of people see CC3 as difficult to grasp right off the bat sometimes. CAD is CAD, and CC3 is CAD-based engine to it, so I would be happy to try to answer any questions in general about it.

Ummmm well if you could draw a building and talk us though it, that would be a wonderful start. I have Ching's book on Form, Space and Order which has taught me so much, but I'd love to see a professional in action!

Quote Originally Posted by ravells View Post
    Ummmm well if you could draw a building and talk us though it, that would be a wonderful start. I have Ching's book on Form, Space and Order which has taught me so much, but I'd love to see a professional in action!
    Ching's book is a standard for all architectural students, good choice! In fact any of Ching's books are just pure golden goodness I will take a few days and think what I might be able to type up and create a PDF of and also post here what would be interesting and useful to everyone here. It will be fantasy based not modern realism.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Welcome from another relative newbie.

All I know about architecture (other than how to mis-spell it 7 out of 10 times) comes from Palladio's "4 books". I echo everyone else's sentiments about content over tools. I don't have certain tools like cc3, dj, or ft so I work around it in ps. I ramble, but at any rate, tutorials are always great as are posting things you're currently working on.

Anywho, cheers