Thread: My First Town Map

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

It could be assumed that most of the farmland is strung out along the river valley - in other words it's a bit down from the map so you can't see it.

The only thing I'm wondering about is the placement of your manor houses. Your industrial area is right next to your rich manor district. I dunno what kind of industry they do but most can be described using one or more of the following words: Smelly, Noisy, or Smokey. If I could afford it I wouldn't wanna live next to a metalworker, tallow candle maker, or leatherworker. =P

Quote Originally Posted by Larb View Post
    The only thing I'm wondering about is the placement of your manor houses. Your industrial area is right next to your rich manor district. I dunno what kind of industry they do but most can be described using one or more of the following words: Smelly, Noisy, or Smokey. If I could afford it I wouldn't wanna live next to a metalworker, tallow candle maker, or leatherworker. =P
    I don't know it depends on the owner of the industrial area. There's a mansion in LaSalle, IL (two towns from me) called the Carus-Hegler House, and it's built on adjacent land from the Air Products (tanked gases) factory, that the mansion's owner started at the turn of the 20th century. If a residence belongs to the children of the factory founder, they might relocate to 'downtown', but if this is the original manor, more than likely it's next to the smelly, noisy, smokey area owned by the same guy...
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations