Thread: WIP Fantasy World Map

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I have taken a look at the Climate Cookbook and I really like it. I think once I solidify the altitude on this map I'll move onto actual climate as well. Also I hadn't much given an idea to there being a lot of whirlpools and maelstroms in that sea, but it sounds great! My husband pointed out that there could be tons of volcanic activity in the area as well as there being a ring of volcanoes around the sea.

I'm not very knowledgeable about climates and how they interact (I really should pay more attention to my geography classes), but this helps out a lot to flesh out some really good ideas. And I might try running g.projector in compatibility mode and run as admin, as I've just been trying to start it up. I'll update as to whether or not that fixed my problem.

Updating with further progress, did a little stylization for the ocean, and working on topographical shapes for the mountains and such. Haven't done a map topographically like this before, so I'd like a little feedback before I go all out on it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	map1.png 
Views:	241 
Size:	1.78 MB 
ID:	53293