Thread: Ambush site

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Journeyer

Great progress! Really looking good.

I think the puddles are a bit lost. Maybe try selecting the between-the-cobbles area and filling that with a darker water texture to give the impression of water between the stones? You could do a stretch along one edge and increase the green in the nearby grass to indicate a low/wet spot.

Maybe a few clumps of weedy grass along the road to break up the edge a bit?

Nice work!

Guild Adept Facebook Connected

Quote Originally Posted by Neyjour View Post
    You're welcome. The texture is from CGTextures. You can download it here:
    Grass by Jacobo Cortés Ferreira
    Wonderful! Done, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by mthomas768 View Post
    Great progress! Really looking good.

I think the puddles are a bit lost. Maybe try selecting the between-the-cobbles area and filling that with a darker water texture to give the impression of water between the stones? You could do a stretch along one edge and increase the green in the nearby grass to indicate a low/wet spot.

Maybe a few clumps of weedy grass along the road to break up the edge a bit?

Nice work!
    Thanks for the compliment.
    I went ahead and download some clumps of grass from Dunjdini. They look nice full size but, reduced to the correct scale, they are mostly a greenish mush.
    I used them, though, both on the road as small, and full size as bushes...

I also worked on the puddles following your comments, and used your suggestion to put a dark patch of grass on the side. I located it close to the cliff as it seemed to make sense that the water would accumulate there... I also added a fairy ring there, which kind of make sense, but might be a bit too much...

Anyway, what do you guys think about it now?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ambush site.png 
Views:	163 
Size:	2.07 MB 
ID:	53351