Thread: Norrmannia-Aresia

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Eilathen View Post
    Hi and welcome to the Guild!

Wow, i quite like the left map of your current maps. Very nice! Will you add more information, like forests and mountains?
    Oh and tell us about the world itself!

Have some Rep.!
    Thank you.

The right map is more of a reference thing for my self so that I can tell different regions apart. So that's why those borders are quite sloppy.

Adding more information is definitely something I want to do. I'm actually experimenting with some different ways of drawing mountains but I haven't managed to find a way to make it look good so I left them out for now. If anyone has any good idea's of a style that would fit the style of the map that would be amazing.

The world doesn't have that much story behind it and I'm kind of just making it up as I go along but the main things that I have established are:

Aresia (Smolandia, Elandia, Omlandia, Suderlandia, Visinga) is based on western europe with the most southern parts being mediterranean and northern part german.
    Norrmannia (Norrlandia, Lapplandia, Jemtia, Torlandia, Gothia) is a name that Aresians use to describe the men of the north. Culturally Norrmanns are more barbaric, inspired by vikings.

Vestmannia and Sudermannia are not yet completely finished but my thought so far is that Sudermannia doesn't have kingdoms or rulers, instead there are major trade cities by the ocean. In Vestmannia I'm thinking about adding some kingdoms (or similar) but I'm unsure.

As you can see, even I don't know much about the world yet.
    Last edited by thamupp; 04-06-2013 at 05:13 PM. Reason: spelling