Thread: April 2013 Entry: Róth Tharith, handdrawn map

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Novice Facebook Connected Khamero's Avatar

Wip Second Update

Diamond: Its more patience than talent, I feel like. I have made some other smaller maps as well, I got infatuated with ink pens and wanted to make something, and besides calligraphy, I feel that maps is something such pens are useful for, so I just started making a map and found that I liked it. =)

Korash: Thanks! It's a really inspiring place, especially a challenge like this one. =)
    I have posted it in the imgur link, but I'll edit it into the first post as well for clarity. I made the imgur album so that I could document the entire process better instead without cluttering the forum with it all.

Today I "filled" the map with watercolors. I made a mistake and started painting some dark forests, when I could have just layered it with a light green and then put layer upon layer for the other greens.
    Hindsight is 20/20 and I'll hopefully do better on my next map. I´ll just have to work around it all.
    The next step after this is to basically map out all the colors and start thinking of what cities should be shown, and if I´ll have actually cities drawn out or just red dots representing large sites.
    With ink, its always a challenge to draw small detail, but I do prefer actual little images of cities and intresting sites rather than just dots and stuff. It's food for thought.

I also updated the imgur gallery. http://imgur.com/a/uPLHh

### LATEST WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013-04-07 14.48.50.jpg 
Views:	343 
Size:	949.0 KB 
ID:	53425
    Last edited by Khamero; 04-07-2013 at 05:30 PM.