So a quick update this morning, I may have another later today but we'll see. I've built up the town's humble beginnings, or "The Village" as it will be referred to. A small fishing community nestled in the canyon makes the most sense for new settlers, as they have easy access to food and reasonable safety from outsiders thanks to their seclusion and stairways. I imagine the houses and huts are at least partially on stilts, given the slope of their small island and the potential rising river. The scale which you can now see is actually fairly large, which means that the river and bay are comparatively small and aren't likely to get too unreasonably dangerous due to storms or extra rainfall. The canyon slopes should also protect the village from the worst of any wind gusts.

### LATEST WIP ###
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AprilChallenge.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	2.00 MB 
ID:	53473

Everything used in this map is completely drawn from scratch, which is definitely something to be proud of. It is surprising though to realize just how much work would have to go into having really unique looking buildings... modularity is hard, and you need a LOT of little houses! I imagine I'll be churning out more buildings and other features for most of the week if I'm to get this project where I want it... but so far I'm pleased with it!