Thread: March / April 2013 Lite Challenge - WIP - Kartin Lowlands

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

I think Bogie's note on the depth is the real pressing concern. Unless your crater-dwellers are specially adapted to living in conditions of extreme pressure, you'll have problems. If you went with something like 6 or 8 km across that'd give you a depth of 3 or 4 km in depth, which is still DEEP but a bit more believable. I would also tighten up your villages (the ones on the crater floor) and make them less sprawling, although that's far less of a nitpick and could actually be explained away culturally.

Guild Adept Facebook Connected Carbus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    I think Bogie's note on the depth is the real pressing concern. Unless your crater-dwellers are specially adapted to living in conditions of extreme pressure, you'll have problems. If you went with something like 6 or 8 km across that'd give you a depth of 3 or 4 km in depth, which is still DEEP but a bit more believable. I would also tighten up your villages (the ones on the crater floor) and make them less sprawling, although that's far less of a nitpick and could actually be explained away culturally.
    At first I was thinking something around 300 meters, but I think in comparison with the diameter of the crater, that still would be something unbeliavable. Thanks for the tips, both you and Bogie! I will adjust the villages, so it's more believable, and maybe even take away the distances, since I still didn't figure it out =(.